Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mountains hold the key


There are days when I really want to move from Colorado Springs ... this town is WAY too conservative for me, we have few friends we do things with, my two best friends live elsewhere, our families (aka built-in babysitters ;-) live elsewhere, our house is nice, but not "ideal", we don't have any space for the kids to get wild outside, our jobs are okay - not great, etc., etc.
But then I take a look out my back doors (we have three sliding glass doors that face west) and I get a view like this picture. The picture doesn't come anywhere close to doing justice for tonight's sunset. I have fallen in love with having mountains - mountains to look at as the sun sets, mountains to camp, hike and fish in, mountains to race down on skis, mountains to spend time with our kids in and mountains just to know they are so close. I'm not a native Coloradoan, but I don't think I could love living here more if I were.

3 comments:

adams@huntlawfirm.net said...

I've always said that I could live and be happy anywhere and I probably could; I'm pretty easy-going and not hard to please. I don't need any sort of night life or culture or vast amounts of entertainment. BUT after coming home from Colorado this last time, if I could take my family with me, I woule LOVE to live there (I'm pretty conservative too, so that wouldn't bother me). Besides all the obvious reasons like you mention here, the biggest thing is......my hair looked nice in Colorado EVERY DAY no matter how many walks we went on, the rafting trip where it got wet, etc. NO HUMIDITY. I wasn't wet and sticky after walks, my hair wasn't flat or frizzy. Maybe I'll work on the WHOLE family and we can come join you out there and we can take turns babysitting. :)

suesun said...

Welcome to "midlife"! :-)

Sometime we get lured into thinking the grass is greener, and we forget to stop and look with gratitude. You've got a great house, and what a great view!

Unknown said...

Move to Boulder! It's less conservative and you can still enjoy the mountains :-)

xoxo