Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Playing in the water at the Great Sands Dunes

We spent last weekend camping at the Great Sand Dunes National Park. I love camping there - the beautiful mountains, the sandy beach like creak, the fresh air and just being away from our house. It is a wonderful place.
Orion wandered around the creak exploring how the water flowed and how he could change the water flow.
Isabella's approach was a little more carefree. She seemed to enjoy feeling the water and sand rushing over her feet and her whole body eventually.
Sabrina was much braver than I thought she would be for a two year old. The weather was nice, but it was still windy, the water was a little chilly and the temperature was probably about 75 degrees, but she got out there to play in the water and sand with the best of them.
Hunter, well ... he was his typical self also. I have often described Hunter as my most demanding kid. He proved this true at the Sand Dunes. I'm glad I took this picture of him playing in the water as soon as we got there because he only spent about three minutes in the water. It was too cold for him. He spent the rest of the morning huddled against me or completely covered by a towel while sitting in a lawn chair. Maybe Hunter will enjoy the Sand Dunes more next year.

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

I am so impressed with people who camp with 2yos. Not my gig. ;-) Looks like it was lots of fun!