Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School

The first day of school would not be complete without pictures. I'm sure my kids will be totally sick of their mom taking pictures of their entire life!! Just like last year - today was a dreary, misty, chilly morning. Brett is working swings (evening shifts) this week, so he was home and all six of us went to school together this morning. The parking is horrible around the kids' school, so we were walking up to the building as the first bell rang. I don't feel like I really got to send the kids off with my desired well-wishes, but off to school they went none-the-less.
Orion started 2nd grade.
Isabella started 1st grade.
I have friends who are sending their oldest child off to kindergarten for the first time this month. I have been reflecting on the momentous occasion of the first day of kindergarten. I don't think it has gotten any easier. This is my third year to have one of my kids in school full time. It was just as hard to drop them off this morning as it was two years ago. I miss my kids so much when they are at school.

No comments: