Thursday, August 16, 2007

Family Reunion in Durango

From Albuquerque the kids and I drove with my parents to Vallecito Lake which is about 40 minutes northeast of Durango. Brett met us there. We spent five nights at the lake in cabins with our Kirby-Reynolds family. The part of my family gets together every five years. Brett and the kids took the canoe out three times, but never caught any fish. Orion would come back saying that his Daddy got "skunked"
Jackie (my cousin's girlfriend) swam Isabella from the lake shore out to this rusty old dock. Isabella thought she was pretty cool to hang out with the "big" kids.
After watching his little sister swim out there Orion decided he wanted his Daddy to swim him out to the dock also.Hunter refused to wear his lifejacket, so he wasn't able to go out in the canoe - typical "terrible two-year old." Instead Hunter spent many hours playing under the picnic tables outside our cabin. He kept telling me that he was building his house.


Grandpa and Hunter at the Luau
The six of us together - we didn't actually spend a lot of time together because O, I, H, & S are the only young kids, so all of my aunts & uncles and cousins wanted to play with them.
Sabrina looks so adorable and sunburned in this picture. She fell asleep in my arms with just one side of her face exposed. It was a "bad mommy" moment.

My Grandma is holding Sabrina. My parents on either side of her with Orion and Isabella. Then along the back ros is Hunter, me, my brother - Mike and Brett.

No comments: