Sunday, July 6, 2008

Matching Dresses

So the girls were dressed in matching dresses today. (This might surprise some of you because I am NOT a dress-the-kids-matching mom.) As a matter of fact these are the only matching dresses the girls own. I didn't buy them together even. I bought Isabella's dress last summer at a consignment store. Isabella LOVES dresses, so I keep her closet as stocked with them as we can afford. This spring (9 months later) I was shopping at the same consignment store with my visiting college friend. The store had the matching dress in Sabrina's size. Because I like these dresses so well, I couldn't resist. I thought Isabella would be thrilled to have her little sister in a matching dress. Well, Isabella being the "cool cat" that she is, didn't even smile when I brought Sabrina's dress home. Finally, this morning I asked Isabella if she would do me a favor and wear the dresses to church, but only church; she didn't have to wear it all day long. Isabella reluctantly consented. I had to seize this chance to take pictures. The pictures aren't very good because I couldn't get the four of them to cooperate and I didn't have the patience today.
I like this picture because it shows the girls' personalities, at least at this moment. Isabella is a "cool cat" that doesn't let anything or anyone phase her. She leads her own life; she thinks. Sabrina is just so proud of her physical abilities - she can stand on her own, she can walk behind the walker or with someone's help and she can almost keep up with her siblings.
I was very close to giving up on getting this picture. It is the best of the bunch.
Isabella uses this wagon/walker as a wheelchair. She sits in it and rolls the wheels along to get places. She has been known to spend an hour in this wagon rolling herself around the house. Isabella got a little bonus today because she didn't have to roll herself; Sabrina pushed her. I wonder how long Isabella will be able to get Sabrina to do the manual labor.

I wonder what big sister wisdom Isabella was imparting on Sabrina here.

No comments: