Wednesday, July 2, 2008

June Random Snapshots

Sabrina has started walking behind the red wagon - the same way the other kids started walking. She gets a little demanding at times grabbing one of my fingers from each hand insisting that I walk with her. I don't have a picture of this, but she is also starting to get mad when I put her down. If she doesn't want to be put down she stiffens her entire body and throws her head back. I'm used to it now, so I just catch her head and lower it down. She pitches a good little fit for a few minutes.
I like Isabella's candid smile in this picture. Most of the time she is a hard kid to get to post for a picture - even though I think she is so photogenic.

Sabrina started sitting in the high chair at the kitchen table with the rest of us. She likes being part of the gang. It has made it hard in restaurants because she wants to be at the "big" table.
Orion with his gummi tongue. (see here for explanation.)
My latest tactic for toys left all over the house is to put them in the tub in the guest bathroom. The toys are then off-limits until the kids do enough chores to earn them back. It isn't working all that well, but I haven't come up with anything better. So ... all of the kids' costumes were in time out. I was watching my college roommate's two kids for a couple of days. Her little girl brought her costumes the second day I watched them because she and Isabella love to dress up. She and Isabella realized they couldn't do enough chores to earn back the costumes in one day. Anyway ... when my boys saw the new costumes they decided to have a dress up party with the girls. The picture above is about the best blackmail photo I've ever taken of my boys.

Here is the whole group (clockwise) - Isabella, Hunter, Orion, Hayden (who pleased his dad immensely by refusing to wear a princess dress), Olivia and Sabrina.Brett's Uncle Aubie is a master woodworker. He has made wooden toys for years. During our latest visit to Indiana in May, Aubie gave each of the children a toy. They are true treasures.

No comments: