Friday, January 15, 2010

Presents

Christmas this year was a little different for us. We flew to Indiana on Christmas Day. Most of the shopping that Brett and I did, we did online and had things shipped directly to Indiana. My mother-in-law wrapped EVERYTHING for us. (I could kiss her feet.) And then . . . we didn't actually open our gifts amongst our immediate family until Decmeber 27th after dinner. I think we did a decent job of getting the kids meaningful, fun gifts and not an overwhelming amount of them. We did not have the opportunity for the kids to shop for their siblings like years past, but there's always next year. Here are a few highlights of gifts:
I found a chapter book series for Isabella who has recently started reading like gangbusters. The series is Ivy & Bean and is about two younger girls who become friends - even though they don't want to. Isabella devoured these books.
The kids received a Wii which is hands-down Orion's favorite present. We are ALL enjoying it.
Hunter with his new golf clubs. I have mixed feelings about this present. I picked it out and the kids love golf clubs, but they also provide so many opportunities to agitate or injure a sibling.
We got Sabrina a Touch LeapPad. I actually got this books, cartridges and all for free through Freecycle. Pretty good deal and Sabrina really enjoys it.
One of Isabella's art drawings (a self-portrait) was put onto a mousepad for Brett to take to work. Isabella is quite proud of her artwork - more about in another post.

No comments: