Sunday, August 10, 2008

Isabella the Flower Girl

Last August Brett and I were asked if Isabella would be a flower girl in a family friends' daughter's wedding. Brett and I quickly said yes. Then ... we told Isabella about the exciting news which didn't go over so well. Already at her age Isabella doesn't like being told what she will be doing. She is the type kid that needs to think it is all her idea and her agreement. Isabella claimed that because she didn't know Ms. Meghan (the bride) that she couldn't be in her wedding. Over the past year we have helped Isabella get to know Ms. Meghan and she agreed to be a flower girl.


Well Isabella and the other flower girl looked beautiful and did a fabulous job - even though Isabella didn't walk all the way down the aisle.


Isabella and the other flower girl. (I won't post other kids' names without their parents' permission.) Isabella didn't know the other flower girl until Wednesday before the wedding. They hit it off splendidly. Isabella was calling her her best friend. This picture was taken before the wedding right after they had their hair done. I don't have any pictures from the actual wedding, but I'm sure I will get some later.

The wedding venue was Arrowhead Gold Course an absolutely beautiful location just south of Denver in Littleton.

Meghan gave the flower girls pink T-shirts that said "I'm in charge of the petals" They both wore them at the rehearsal.

The other flower girl's brother was the ring bearer. Isabella didn't really walk in the first rehearsal, but after I walked away from the staging area she walked through the second rehearsal just fine. (Some how I already make her nervous or she choses to butt heads with me. What does that mean for her teenage years?)

The girls hung out with the "big" girls - aka the brides and bridesmaids - before the wedding. They got the hair done and little bit of make-up. Most of the afternoon they spent watching movies on the portable DVD player.

The flower girls descending the stairs and walk way to the ceremony site.

I really like Isabella's smile in this picture.

During the wedding I was sitting in the back row, the first seat the flower girls came to. Isabella was doing really well ... until I suggested to her that she start throwing her petals out of her basket. Then she sort of panicked. Corey, the bride's brother, tried to walk Isabella and then carry her down the aisle. This didn't go so well - a little crying, a little kicking. I met her up front on the side and she sat with me through the ceremony. She overcame her fears and walked up next to the other flower girl towards the end of the ceremon and then back down the aisle smiling after the wedding.

2 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

What a pretty flower girl Isabelle made! We have some hilarious stories and photos of when our Princess was a flower girl at age 4. Our firstborn, HB, was a flower girl once too, but it went a bit worse than Isabelle's. Maybe it's something about firstborn daughters?? Ü
I'm laughing at your roadtrip info. That would make my kiddos throw up. I'm glad it works for you, though. With road trips, ya' gotta go with what works!

Thanks for the encouragement on my blog. I so appreciate it. I also appreciate you stopping by!!

Mama to three said...

What a beautiful site AND flower girl!!! I love to "spy" on you all thru your blog!! You do such a good job of getting stuff up. I'm working on it... :-)

I've got an unhappy, teething 4 month old...so sad!