Monday, May 12, 2008

Hunter and Sabrina's Baptisms

All the pieces finally fell into place. I shouldn't say fell into place because really it was God's work that put the pieces together. Orion and Isabella were baptized by our associate pastor at our church. Sandy has been a very important mentor in my life and I really wanted her to baptize our other children. Our church has been in a state of flux for the past 6 or so years - part of the transitions was having Sandy resign to pursue her doctorate. The Presbyterian Church has rules about former pastors coming back to their churches, so I prayed and waited and prayed and waited for circumstances to be such that Sandy could baptize Hunter and Sabrina. Well, ... On April 13th it happened!
Brett, Hunter, Louise Hunter (the kids' surrogate grandma and Elder for the baptism), Orion, Sandy Lester, Isabella, Me and Sabrina
We were also blessed to have both sets of our parents, my grandma, my brother and Brett's nephew join us for the baptism.
Sabrina with three doting grandmas
Orion and Brett's mom, Dixie

No comments: