Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Handsome Hunter-boy

One Saturday in May, the kids and I spent the day in Denver with Auntie Ondie and Uncle Jens. The day was beautiful - sunny, warm, not windy. We played in City Park . We played bocci play and baseball. This picture of Hunter just totally captures his desire to hit the baseball - most of the times he does hit it when he tosses the ball to himself. Obviously, he missed when I took the picture. Hunter LOVES anything to do with baseballs, basketballs, soccer balls, golf balls.

Hunter likes to read my MomSense (Mothers of Preschoolers publication) magazine while on the toliet. Quite funny to capture this!

These pictures do not do justice to the trauma Hunter (and Dixie & I) went through. We were visiting Indiana in May. Dixie and I took Isabella, Hunter and Sabrina for a walk in the woods around their house. Brett's parents live on 60 acres with a pond and lots of trees. (It is beautiful!!) There is a little drainage creek into the pond. There are cinder blocks place to walk through the muddy part without getting muddy.

Hunter slipped on one of the steps and his forehead came down on the next cinder block. He had his arms out, but they landed on either side of the block. His forehead swelled up, was scraped and just looked awful. He turned completely pale. Well, the swelling went down and he was left with two black eyes and scrapes on his face. He's recovered, but it scared me.

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

J,
Thank you for the wonderful note/email! I didn't know how to 'get hold' of you, so I'm posting on your sweet blog. What a darling family you have!
May He draw you closer and closer!
GfG