Friday, October 10, 2008

Ironman Welcome Banquet


Brett and I went to the Ironman Welcome Banquet tonight. It was outside, set-up for a huge amount of people - considering there are almost 2000 race participants and their families and sponsors and families. There was a bit of a Hawaiian show with fire twirling and hula dancing. They introduced or featured a number of interesting race participants - the oldest and youngest male and female. The youngest are both 18 years old and live here in Kailua-Kona. The oldest woman is 72 years old and she is last year's winner for her age group. The oldest male is 79 years old. I told Brett that I really hope he isn't still doing Ironman races when he is 79 years old, but he has already commented to me that he feels that he won't be able to only race Kona once.

We went to a lu'au on Wednesday night and I'm hoping to post pictures from that. The pictures are on Brett's camera and I can't figure out how to get them downloaded yet.

Today (Friday) we are just laying low - Brett did a short work out this morning, we're going to the beach across the street from our house and then this afternoon we're going to the race expo where Brett will drop off his bike and all of his gear bags. My brother flies in tonight as well.

No comments: